The most important thing that inspired us to create this studio was the passion for the mastering and the sound perfection. With music market saturated by various "enhancement" algorithms, we continue to work on our own improvements to take the sound to the next level!!! Unfortunately most of these algorithms (typically the native plugins) are not suitable for a true mastering. There are some exceptions but these come at a very high price or in a form of specially designed for dedicated hardware cards. We also have m ost of them in our studio (like Algorithmix, Sony Oxford plugins , and UAD-1 series ).
Neverthless, the most important links in our mastering audio chain are the analog devices - mainly compressors. Our profile contains the most important analog compressors, each one with a completely different behavior. This is all high quality equipment which comes at a very high price. All these devices are described in " Equipment" section. However , we weren't satisfied with just offering of the basic functions with these devices. Every studio has their own secrets. One of ours is the unique way to emulate saturation of the tape. In fact, many of us never even heard of the real tape saturation but everyone has their own idea how it should sound. That's why devices emulating analog tape like "Fatso" or "Portico" have miscellaneous feedbacks. We also have our own innovative "patent" and we're wondering how good it will sound to you...
Everything that we have can offer you different possibilities to make your sound fuller , warmer , and richer . It's because our main goal is to make the sound just better. However, if you want to keep your tracks identical to the original without any changes in the sound, we will also do it for you :) For worldwide customers we suggest ONLINE MASTERING with downloadable links. However if you need pre-mastered CD, we can ship it to you for a small additional fee.
B&W NAUTILUS 801. One of the best mastering monitors. Each has 104kg of weight which makes them hard to beat !
MANLEY VARI-MU. Well-known tube compressor for bus and mastering applications. Used in best studios worldwide.
SMART RESEARCH C2M.
Ultra-fast VCA compressor manufactured by Alan Smart, engineer from SSL.
TUBE-TECH SMC 2B.
Unique multi-band opto/tube compressor offering highest possible quality in 3 bands.
Great passive full-range equalizer based on tubes and transformers. Adds the new dimension to the sound.
Professional crossover for splitting and summing signal into three bands.
One of the very best available AD/DA converters.
Psychoacoustic processor designed for spreading stereo. Semi-professional device.
High quality DA converter used for powering main loudspeakers.
Professional amplifier 2x250W working in "hyper" Class-A.
ACCESS VIRUS TI.
Synthesizer used in music productions. Polar version.
Unbeatable mastering equalizer, deserved by the best engineers worldwide.
In orange version, thanks to surgical sound, it allows for repairing really bad mixes.
ALGORITHMIX BLUE it's 10 different models of most-known equalizers of the world, offered in crystal Algorihmix quality.
SONY OXFORD INFLATOR.
Best tool for maximizing signals. This one has no replacement in a hardware world.
UAD-1 MASTERING SERIE.
Serie of mastering plugins from Universal Audio. Dedicated for UAD-1 card..
LIST OF POTENTIAL PROBLEMS CAUSING MASTERING TO REJECT !
1. Song is saved in MP3 format in too low quality for mastering (128 kb/s, 192 kb/s). Although we are able to master mp3 track in 320 kb/s, it's not recommended because mp3 format is not professional at all (it's loosy). We prefer WAV or AIFF files. If you are not able to send us 24 bit file, you may also send us 16 bit which is enough.
2. Drums in a track are too quiet. Kick/hihats in dance music and kick/snare in other genres.
3. CHEAP COMPRESSOR ON SUM. Destroyed highs. Flat bass. We strongly advice to not use bus compressor before mastering, giving us space for using some top-notch hardware.
4. Track has been mixed down too loud. We strongly advice to not exceed the level of -1, -2 dB.
5. Incorrect level differences beetween separate instruments (or vocal) are too large to fix that during mastering.
6. Recorded instruments or used instrument plugins in a mix are very poor quality.
7. Track is too blurred, has too much reverb and lacks dynamics (it affects mostly dance'y genres).
8. There is total absence of wide frequency range (like ex. trebles are not heard at all).
9. Track is mixed down in mono. It's rare but happens sometimes.